Being our programmes coordinated by the University of L'Aquila (aka "UAQ" or "UNIVAQ"), you'll need to enter the UAQ student information system called Segreteria Virtuale (aka ESSE3) quite a few times to perform various tasks. Segreteria Virtuale is in actual fact a gateway to a number of online resources like enrolment, exam booking, transcripts of records, degree certificates and many more, as you can see below.
You will receive your UAQ credentials via email only when your enrolment is completed and you have been assigned a matriculation (student ID) number. In actual fact you'll get two email messages in Italian from email@example.com
- Email 1 (Subject "Registrazione"), when your preliminary online registration on Segreteria Virtuale has been completed. That message contains your username ("Identificativo utente") and password ("Chiave di accesso").
- Email 2 (Subject "Immatricolazione definitiva"), when the whole enrolment process is actually completed (i.e. fees have been paid, the Registrar has checked your data, required documentation, etc.), you will be assigned a matriculation number/student ID ("matricola" in Italian).
- Your account will be fully activated only after you have received the "Email 2" above with your student ID ("matricola"). Please do not try to access your account (on Segreteria Virtuale or Office365) before having received such a confirmation message.
- It usually takes 24 hours for the activation of your account to be completed. So, 24 hours after receiving "Email 2", you may start using your Office365 account and all the services described below.
Directions for first login
What you can do with your UAQ credentials
- Short version (username), typically made up of 3 characters from your name and another 3 from your surname, e.g. for student John Smith: johsmi
- Full version (firstname.lastname@example.org), e.g. email@example.com, which is also your institutional email.
- MS Teams
- Wifi Networks
- Univaq email
- Office 365
- Exam booking
- Download certificates
- Proof of tuition payment
It is the app currently used by the University of L'Aquila to deliver online classes, meet faculty and staff, share class materials etc.
Though a few browsers (e.g. Chrome, Edge) allow using a web-based version of MS Teams, we strongly suggest you download the dedicated app, both on your smarthphone and on your computer.
Remember that, to gain access to Eduroam, you'll need to enter both your username and your whole domain:
firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g., email@example.com)
not just your username (jonsmi) not even your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), as they won't work on Eduroam.
Univaq Institutional Email by Outlook
Your school email address is like: email@example.com
This is an addition to your @intermaths.eu email address (currently hosted on Aruba) provided to all students of our joint programmes and valid across all our partner countries.
Free Office 365
How to get a transcript of records or an enrolment certificate?
How to get a proof of tuition fee payment?
Note that such a receipt only refers to the basic registration required by the Abruzzo region (where L'Aquila is located) to enrol at UnivAQ, not to the registration fees you are due to pay to participate in our international programmes, for which you'll have to refer to the related coordinators and assistants.
Still the receipt you can get from these pages might be useful for other purposes, as when you're asked to confirm your Erasmus+ scholarships, for instance.