Student Corner

Practical information on visa, residence permits, enrolment procedure, housing details, how to reach us...


All our students, both European and non-European, must hold valid insurance covering risks related to health, accidents, death, permanent invalidity, civil responsibility (including travel assistance) while they are outside their home country - that is to say, local students won't need any additional health insurance while studying in their home country.

Personal medical cover is required in most European countries, even in those that have a public health system. An insurance card will also be required by local authorities in order to apply for a residence permit (if needed).

For all the Erasmus Mundus (EMJMD) students: a mandatory insurance coverage, covering risks related to health, accidents, death, permanent invalidity, civil responsibility, is provided to all students (whether they're scholarship holders or not) by the InterMaths Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) Consortium.
Such insurance complies with the minimum requirements set out by EACEA

To all the other students (Double Degree programmes, for instance).
In the months that precede your arrival we will send you information by email about the insurance coverage we recommend. Then, you can decide to buy a different one by yourself (but we will not assist you in this case) or keep the one you may already have in your country. But, in any case your insurance coverage will have to comply with some minimum requirements established by the consortium. You may refer to these links if you wish to buy insurance by yourself -  all the below listed companies offer insurance that comply with the minimum requirements to obtain an Italian residence permit:

#Consortium InterMaths EMJMD;