Summer School 2017
Dates: 3-7 July 2017
Target students: prospective InterMaths students from Brno, Katowice & Lviv
Venue: San Benedetto del Tronto, Italy. Lectures will be held at the Hotel International, right on San Benedetto seaside.
All of these three places are at a short walking distance, as you can see on this map
- Jana Hoderova: Total solar eclipses – expeditions and expected results
- Zdenek Oplustil: Introduction to delay differential equations and their applications
- Josef Slapal: Jordan curves in the digital plane
- Petr Tomasek: Discrete dynamical systems - modelling and analysis
- Ludek Nechvatal: Introduction to chaotic dynamical systems
- Henryk Gacki: Markov operator in financial mathematics and physics
Schedule of lectures (venue: conference room - Hotel International)
- Monday 9.30: Jana Hoderova, [coffee break], 11.00: Zdenek Oplustil
- Tuesday 9.30: Petr Tomasek, [coffee break], 11.00: Ludek Nechvatal
- Wednesday 9.30: Josef Slapal, [coffee break], 11.00: Henryk Gacki.
- Thursday: 10:00: Katarzyna Sylwia KLOS (InterMaths, year-2 MSc student) "Transport equations", Uliana MALCHYK (InterMaths, year-1 MSc student) "Living in L'Aquila" [coffee break], Yahya JAAFRA (PhD Student, University of L'Aquila) "On Non-Local Interaction Models with Non-Linear Diffusion"; Bruno Rubino: some practicalities about your semester in L'Aquila.
- Friday: free!
- Beach Volleyball: every afternoon at 5 pm @ Sea Club (just opposite the Hotel International)
- Ascoli Piceno city tour: Wednesday afternoon. Meeting point: Hotel International at 2.30 pm
- Beer Festival "Hoppy Days": every day (from Wednesday, July 5) from 4 pm till late at night. Just walk northbound along the promenade (on the way to the centre) for around 40 minutes [map]
For updates and photos, check our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/InterMathsJointMSc