Numerical simulation and scientific computing
- Unit Coordinator: Josef Weinbub
- Programme: Erasmus Mundus
- ECTS Credits: 6
- Semester: 1
- Year: 2
- Campus: Vienna University of Technology
- Language: English
Students will be able to select and apply fundamental methods of scientific computing and to judge the challenges regarding computing time and implementation effort.
Furthermore, the students have solution skills for inter-disciplinary problems, are able to evaluate and analyze computational approaches, and are able to scientifically formulate and extensively analyze compute-intensive problems as well as develop appropriate approaches.
- Computer Architectures
- Serial Optimization
- Numerical Derivatives and Integrals
- Finite Difference Discretization
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- Random Number Generation and Monte Carlo Methods
- Shared Memory Parallel Computing
- Algorithmic Complexity and Data Structures
- Mesh Generation and Visualization
- Software Engineering Principles for Scientific Computing
Numerical mathematics, scientific programing.
- Reading list: