- Unit Coordinator: Armin Iske
- Programme: Erasmus Mundus
- ECTS Credits: 6
- Semester: 1
- Year: 2
- Campus: Hamburg University of Technology
- Language: English
This course gives an introduction to mathematical and numerical methods of medical imaging, where particular focus is placed on computer(ized) tomography (CT).
- Radon transform
- Back projection
- Central slice theorem
- Filtered back projection formula
- Discrete image reconstruction
- Algebraic reconstruction techniques
- Kernel-based image reconstructions
Analysis, Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis
- Reading list:
- C.L. Epstein: Introduction to the Mathematics of Medical Imaging. Second Edition. SIAM, Philadelphia, 2008.
- T.G. Feeman: The Mathematics of Medical Imaging. A Beginner's Guide. 2nd edition, Springer, New York, 2015.
- S. Helgason: The Radon Transform. Second Edition. Birkhäuser, Boston, 1999.
- A. Iske: Approximation Theory and Algorithms for Data Analysis. Texts in Applied Mathematics, volume 68, Springer, Cham, 2018.
- F. Natterer: The Mathematics of Computerized Tomography. SIAM, Philadelphia, 2001.
- F. Natterer and F. Wübbeling: Mathematical Methods in Image Reconstruction. SIAM, Philadelphia, 2001.