Case studies of optimisation problems in industry
- Unit Coordinator: Xavier Mora
- Programme: Erasmus Mundus
- ECTS Credits: 6
- Semester: 1
- Year: 2
- Campus: Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Language: English
Analysis of case studies, and practice of team working dynamics and client-consultant relationship.
The cases will focus primarily on optimisation and logistics real problems, but may have a scope beyond the pure "decision making" setting.
The course will be organised and directed by a professor of the department of Mathematics and will include minicourses and presentations given by industrial collaborators and other departments' teaching staff.
Mathematical modelling, i.e. solving real-world problems by means of mathematics.
Students must have mathematical and computational skills at the level of a science degree.
- Reading list:
- Ch. Rousseau, Y. Saint-Aubin, 2008. Mathematics and Technology. Springer.
- P. Pevzner, R. Shamir, 2011. Bioinformatics for Biologists. Cambridge Univ. Press