Case studies in medical and biomedical applications
- Unit Coordinator: Ingenuin Gasser, Anusch Taraz
- Programme: Erasmus Mundus
- ECTS Credits: 6
- Semester: 1
- Year: 2
- Campus: Hamburg University of Technology
- Language: English
- The objective of this course is to study one or two cases of medical or biomedical applications in depth.
- The course will enable the students to identify concrete and relevant problems in medicine and biomedicine, to build mathematics models for these and to develop and implement algorithmic strategies to solve them.
- Mathematical methods and models in areas such as imaging,
- Spatial models,
- Genomics and phylogenetics,
Mathematical foundations (Analysis, Linear Algebra, Numerical Mathematics, Probability, Optimisation) and experience in Programming.
- Reading list:
To be announced during the lectures