3-week Preparatory course
- Programme: Double Degrees
- ECTS Credits: N/A
- Semester: 1
- Year: 1
- Campus: University of L'Aquila
- Language: English
This 3-week set of lectures is meant to guarantee a common basic background (as much as possible) for all students in order to tackle the topics taught in Semester 1.
Moreover, this set of lectures will make the students get used to a "uniSed" mathematical language.
- Set theory.
- Linear algebra: matrices, bases, eigenvectors, eigenvalues, diagonalisation.
- Comples variables.
- Differential equations: existence and uniqueness of solutions to a Cauchy problem, linear scalar equations.
- Basic concepts in probability and statistics.
- Additional info:
This set of lectures is extra-curricular and does not provide any ECTS. Self-evaluation tests will be proposed during the course.