The aim of the Statistics unit is to get a deep knowledge on constructing statistical models and making statistical analysis, and to improve the skills of using statistical computer packages.
The contents of this unit are the following:
1. Organising statistical analysis: collecting and data, their analysis and graphical description.
2. Linear and non-linear statistical models – estimation theory and statistical hypotheses testing.
3. Applications of linear and non-linear statistical models in econometrics and financial mathematics.
4. Parametric tests of significance involving two or more samples.
5. Conformity tests.
6. Non-parametric tests of significance involving two or more samples.
7. Applications of statistical computer software to estimation and statistical testing