Follow the directions below to apply for the InterMaths MSc programme and get a chance to be awarded a scholarship worth up to 20,600 EUR!
All applications shall be submitted through the online form below. Successful applicants must have gained a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics or other similar fields with a very strong mathematical background. To be admitted to the selection, a good level of English language is required. For information about fees and funding please see this page. The possible pathways are described here.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics or other similar field with a very strong mathematical background (BS, BSc, SB, etc. or a degree at the same level of an academic Bachelor's Degree, e.g. its equivalent from a college, university, or technical school of high standing, or 180 ECTS credits in the European system)
- Upper-intermediate level of English, corresponding to:
- IELTS 5-6.5
- TOEFL iBT 87-109 (our ETS score recipient code is 3676, institution name: University of L'Aquila)
- Cambridge English First (FCE)
- any other official certificate equivalent to the above (B2 level, according to CEFR)
- In case you have a local degree from any of our partner universities, see the section LOCAL students, as there may be an alternative path option
Your application shall be submitted through following online form and the following documents (saved as .pdf) must be enclosed:
- CV: your detailed curriculum vitae (only use this template. Click here for instructions and examples or you can even create it online from here, then save it as a pdf file).
- Transcript of records related to the Bachelor's Degree course: your full academic transcript with records for each attended course and with the list of courses to be attended to get your Bachelor's Degree.
- ID card (for Europeans) or Passport (for non Europeans). Has your passport expired or haven't you got one yet? You are temporarily allowed to
- English language certificate: upper-intermediate level(B2 according to CEFR). Certificates can be simply uploaded through the online form (saved as .pdf) or sent via ETS: our score recipient code is 3676, institution name: University of L'Aquila)).
- 2 Reference letters: two academic reference letters, to be submitted by two different referees (if you have already applied for another Master Degree at on of the partner universities, these CAN be totally identical, you can submit the same one).
- Letter of intent: electronic copy (.pdf) of a letter of intent (also known as motivation letter), describing your interest in the subjects related to the proposed fields of study. The letter can be addressed to the InterMaths Evaluation Committee. There is no particular template to follow, but you must not exceed one page - extra pages will not be evaluated.
Additional documents might be submitted only if closely related to the proposed field of study.
For all the above documents: in case they are NOT written in English, please upload an official English translation, or a translation provided and signed by the Institution awarding the Bachelor's Degree and (if possible) by a native English speaker academic full Professor or by an academic full Professor in English language (with full contacts included).
Please apply through the application form of our partner MSc programme "MathMods". Your application will be evaluated for such programme first. When selection lists for MathMods are out, you will then be contacted via email to enquire whether you wish to be taken into consideration for InterMaths, too.